So we did not actually make it to Bahrain yesterday. We stopped in Dammam, about 30 km from Bahrain, and Ali stayed with his family for the night. I ended up in a small hotel next to the bay...not too bad. It had free Internet anyway.
So far not the trip I anticipated, but getting better as we speak. We are currently waiting on the bridge to go through the checkpoint into Bahrain. Apparently there is something going on and they are not letting traffic approach the checkpoint...oh joy.
The only thing worse than the 120 degree heat in Riyadh is the 120 degree heat with 100% humidity in Dammam. I will stop complaining now, I promise. I just envisioned myself having q beer in my hand next to the pool by now, but oh well.
This afternoon I think I will visit the cinema and maybe see the A Team. Then a rest by the pool, and then the disco, more commonly known as the club to westerners.
I would like to get some info on scuba diving while I am here. Apparently there are these dives you can go on and actually harvest oysters and about one in one hundred will have a pearl. Fun fact, Bahrain has the largest natural oyster beds in the world.
I am posting from my iPad, which Ali thinks is the most ridiculous thing in the world. He seems to think that using the Internet while on holiday is some sort of sin. I tend to agree, however, at this point I am committed to the 30 day challenge. I will keep you posted on my progress, and hopefully have a blast at the watermark tomorrow!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment