Monday, January 4, 2010

Diploma....check!







Alright...diploma situation under control!

Found a photocopy of my high school diploma. The school district says they will emboss the photocopy with the district seal, and then provide me with an official transcript, and then also, for the low low price of $20.00 order me a duplicate diploma to be delivered in 3-4 weeks.

But wait, there's more! If I act now, they will throw in an additional diploma, suitable for framing at no additional fee! Call now, while supplies last!

All joking aside, things have actually turned out ok, and it looks like this is just a small bump in the road, with many more to come. My contacts who are in Saudi already have made me aware of a very important phrase, "insha'Alla", basically meaning, "if it is meant to be" or "if it is God's will" or "God willing" or any other interpretation on the phrase you want. Basically it is a way of saying whatever, or don't worry...apparently you hear it a lot in Saudi. So, my first Arabic phrase pertains to procrastination, who would have thought?

For anybody in the recruitment process who does not have an original copy of their high school diploma handy, start working on getting one immediately! From what I understand they want the diploma to be certified at the embassy with the rest of your work visa documents. They are making an exception for me since I have already gotten my work visa, they say that it can be certified when I am in country...so save yourselves the trouble, get the diploma now...

Alright, moving right along...A few people have been asking about the aircraft I currently fly on. I have attached 2 pics of our heli, a Sikorsky S76 B. It carries 7 including the patient. We fly peds and NICU, so our mission profile requires us to be able to carry a parent, along with a physician if necessary. More often than not we only carry a physician if it is a med student, as they like to tag along and learn how to save lives! Nothing but love for my med school buddies!

I have also attached a photo of our jet. We use it for long distance (greater than 100 miles) or if the visibility is low, as our heli is VFR only. The aircraft is a Cessna Citation. It is a solid aircraft that meets our needs, if only it was a little bigger... of course we could fly in an Airbus 380 and still complain about the room!

Enjoy the pics!

9 days left, and the punches keep coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment