

Here are a few pics of the helicopters being used in Riyadh. They are MD 902 Explorers...notice, no tail rotor. This is a huge advantage when dealing with untrained or inexperienced ground crews.
The Md 902 is comparable with an dEC 145 in footprint, but from what I understand the engines provide more power. It is a stable airframe with a good track record. For those of you that know, I am used to riding in a Sikorsky S76 B airframe, which has considerably more room. The trade off is we can not always land where we want, as the airframe is too large, so I am basically trading a Suburban for a Sporty family wagon...
I am also posting a video with a news story showing a practice run made utilizing the new helicopters. It is in Arabic, but you get the general idea.
10 days and counting...
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment